CuriosiTee Design Contest: How to Clear Your Browser’s Cache
In order to enter the contest multiple times, you’ll need to clear your browser’s cache. Follow the instructions below for your particular browser, and then click here to return to the contest and submit another entry. There is no limit to the number of times you can enter, but you’ll need to clear your cache each time to do so.
- Once your browser is open, click the Tools menu. Or, optionally you may simply press Ctrl-Shift-Delete to open the Delete Browsing History window (and skip step 2)
- Click on Delete Browsing History
- Select Temporary Internet Files.
- Click the Delete button near the bottom of the window to delete your temporary files (i.e. clear your cache)
Firefox 3.5 and Up:
- After the browser opens, click on Tools
- Now click on Clear Recent History
- Beside the Time Range to Clear, click Everything
- Click on Details and select only Cache
- Select Clear Now
All other versions of Firefox
- Go to Tools and select Options
- Go to the Privacy tab, and click Settings
- Select what you would like to have cleared.
- Return to the Options menu. If you want your cache cleared automatically, every time you close the browser, click the appropriate checkbox (shown in red in an earlier image).
- Press Clear Now under the Settings button.
Safari for Mac OSX
- Once your browser is open, click the Safari menu and select Empty Cache
- Click Empty
Safari for Windows
- Once your browser is open, click the Edit menu and select Empty Cache
- Click Empty
If you have another browser not listed above, click here for more options.